Do you need a little help inspiring your children to discover the joy of creative writing?
Then one of my half-day or full day workshops may be of interest.
I’ve taught adults at two local colleges (Hertford Regional College and Harlow College) and via distance learning since 1995. For seven years I taught short story writing, creative writing and writing non-fiction for the W.E.A. (Workers’ Educational Association). My workshops are aimed at teachers who wish to explore creative writing and short story writing with their pupils. Subjects covered can include:
- Plot construction using the five W’s and H
- Exploring traditional myths and legends to understand plot construction
- Exploping point of view
- Methods for finding inspiration
- Incorporating the three R’s (rhyme, rhythm and repetition) in your writing
- Using the five senses to add depth to a story
The workshops include a range of excises teachers can use in their own classes including:
- Working as part of a large group
- Working in small groups
- Working on individual projects
Workshops can be tailored to suit your staff’s needs and I’m more than happy to adapt after consultation.
I typically cover an area within a twenty-five mile radius of Stansted Airport (junction 8 off M11) but am happy to travel further afield for a full day workshop. My rates are as follows:
- £150 per half-day visit
- £250 per full day visit
- Travel expenses (first 15 miles free then 49p per mile)
I invoice prior to my visit and payment is strictly due on the day.
I am a member of Society’s of Authors, fully insurance and have an up-to-date CRB certificate.
Should a half day or full day workshop be of interest please contact me to discuss your requirements.