Do you need a little help inspiring your children to discover the joy of creative writing?
Then one of my half-day or full day workshops may be of interest.
I’ve taught adults at two local colleges (Hertford Regional College and Harlow College) and via distance learning since 1995. At present I teach short story writing, creative writing and writing non-fiction for the W.E.A. (Workers’ Educational Association) and via distance learning for WOW – Women On Writing. My workshops are aimed at teachers who wish to explore creative writing and short story writing with their pupils. Subjects covered can include:
- Plot construction using the five W’s and H
- Exploring traditional myths and legends to understand plot construction
- Exploping point of view
- Methods for finding inspiration
- Incorporating the three R’s (rhyme, rhythm and repetition) in your writing
- Using the five senses to add depth to a story
The workshops include a range of excises teachers can use in their own classes including:
- Working as part of a large group
- Working in small groups
- Working on individual projects
Workshops can be tailored to suit your staff’s needs and I’m more than happy to adapt after consultation.
I typically cover an area within a twenty-five mile radius of Stansted Airport (junction 8 off M11) but am happy to travel further afield for a full day workshop. My rates are as follows:
- £150 per half-day visit
- £250 per full day visit
- Travel expenses (first 15 miles free then 49p per mile)
I invoice prior to my visit and payment is strictly due on the day.
I am a member of Society’s of Authors, fully insurance and have an up-to-date CRB certificate.
Should a half day or full day workshop be of interest please contact me to discuss your requirements.